-scripting networked performance
1) arrival – tech trouble shooting
demo from workshop leaders.
2) intro from participants (about what brought you to the workshop – impressions from yesterday, questions)
3) get into teams – what role do you want to be in the work – scenographer / set / lighting / text / director/ dramaturg/ performer etc.
- – - [15min break] – - -
4) experiment & play – task based exercises / exploration
* Looping actions e.g (chair=stand/sit door=open/close newspaper=flipping pages etc)
*concrete poetry/text loops e.g (words /phrases / letters (think message key/code SMS presented by sister0)
*local and remote gestures in unison [2 teams /then/ whole team]
(a gesture or act that is continued through the levels of local/non local – frame to frame- rock rolling – circle drawing continuing an action following through )
*exercise embedding remote in local environment
(could be any scenario such as – remote person/entity asks local to inscribe a message into local space for instance or have a think about how remote presence is made present in the physical world)
5) framing the local space – looking at desire lines/ nodes collection of action how to frame them – primary /secondary spaces in the space clusters of people.
6) make narrative / performance outline performance/narrative – concept – synopsis – abstract: what do you want to happen in the 20 min performance run ? storyboard mapping
- – - [30 min lunch] – - –
7) script implementation – is it time based in a series of Acts
i.e. act 1 00:00 – 00:05 min… how are you practically going to map out the actions/events or scenario.
8 ) rehearsal of script / working through the content and seeing how it plays out practially – tweaking etc.
9) set-up the space /beamers/ sound set bump in /